Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

First day at BSF

My mom registered Phoebe for Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Under 2 program. This week was the 1st class for her.

Since I was on leave this whole week, I drove my mom and Phoebe to Madras Lane Methodist Church for the class. We were told to pack a mattress/comforter (anything for her to sleep on), comfort toys, snack, drink, diapers, just anything that we think she will need for that 2 hours.

Upon reaching the 3rd floor of the church building, we were greeted by the Children's Leader. They are very organized with name tags prepared, sign-in/out form for parents to fill out.

I later discovered that the "Under 2" Toddler program, there are 3 helpers to 3 toddlers. She's got 1-1 attention. I pray that Phoebe will learn about God and his Word through this program.

(The big tag is for the diaper bag, the small tag is to pin at the back of the child)
Blogspot auto rotate this picture :(


(Getting ready to go to her class)

While waiting for them to finish, I found myself at McDonald's Gurney Drive enjoying seaview, coffee, a copy of The Star and an interior magazine. It wasn't bad at all.

I will have a chance to do this again next week.

(McDonald's Gurney Drive)


(That's how tired my girl was when she missed her morning nap and had an active morning in BSF. She slept for 3 hours)

4 comments:

  1. wow, good to hear Phoebe enjoyed the BSF. My sister has told me all about BSF for toddlers. I'm just curious as to how they conduct the sessions coz knowing toddlers at that age, their attention span is very short. my girl cant sit still for even half an hour what more 2 hours! hehe...

    but i think it's really good to be able to start them young... :) maybe i should consider sending rachel there too... hmm.. any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be surprised Wee Lyn. They have all the ideas to keep them occupied. My church member is the coordinator for the children's section. I will take down their schedule this Thursday when I send Phoebe again.

    You should consider sending Rachel however they had to be registered and sent by someone who is attending the adult BSF. She should be at the "Above 2" class. Not all the 2 hours are sitting down story time. They had various activities at small chunk of time to capture attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both my dad and my youngest sister are attending the adult BSF... yeah it'll be great if you could let me know the schedule.. :) thanks so much.

    Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately they won't let me take any photos there when I attempted to take a photo of the schedule.

    I talked to one of the children's leader, she said that the older kids (i.e. 2+) have a more structured program. They will have a longer hymn time (>5 mins), story/bible time, activity time. I saw them doing some work on the paper, might be coloring.

    You should just let Rachel go. And all the children leaders are well trained to handle kids. Don't worry if she can't sit still or will be too difficult for them to handle. God can do amazing things.

    ReplyDelete