Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

At last I can be a blessing to others......

With my milk!

I have low supply and every drop is liquid gold. When Phoebe doesn't finish my milk and it has to go to the dog, my heart breaks.

I just got back from Bali last week. Originally I plan to freeze my milk and bring back I actually made preparations to bring back, e.g. Bottles, ice pack, cooler bag etc. However, that changed when I arrived.

I saw street babies. They are not kids yet. They are infant still being held by their moms. Filthy, too hungry and lethargic to be active, sleeping on sand by the roadside. My heart sank when looking at them. I can't help but to compare how blessed our children are. At least Phoebe. Phoebe is a picky eater, does not want to drink frozen breastmilk or milk that had been heated up. She's spoilt.

So, every night before we go out for dinner, I'll heat the milk and put them in mineral water bottle for the babies. No BPA free bottles, no sterialization, just simple bottle. To them, the bottle is already too clean. We too accumulate the toiletries, and tea bags from our room for them too. Too bad I'm not a mom who can produce 1.5 litres a day. Or else I would feed even more babies. Anyway, at least I fed a few.

This is something you might want to consider if you are traveling to 3rd world country while you are still nursing or pumping. Be a blessing.

(Heat up milk and put it into a mineral water bottle)

And the last bit of milk --- Add it into my coffee at breakfast :)

5 comments:

  1. Wei-Wei, my heart goes out for these little children. We are so blessed in so many ways and in abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our blessings are overflowing. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. marina, you're such a wonderful blessing to these little children. indeed, we are so very very blessed...praise God.

    btw, from the photos, i think you have quite a good supply of milk.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no no - Low... photos are deceiving :)

    I plan to stop in a few weeks time. She's be 1 year old in 5 weeks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. ok...
    breastfeeding for 1 year plus. well done, marina :)

    i'm targetting 1 year for Sam too. i praying hard i can achieve that mark too.

    ReplyDelete