Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Did a lot of baking

I had been doing a lot of baking in December especially. To kick start, I baked and decorated 72 cupcakes Phoebe's 1st birthday celebration. Followed by 100-cupcake tiered wedding cake for my friend - Dicky & Stella's wedding. These 2 were the most tedious ones due to the number of cakes that I had to decorate.

In total portions, I had baked 12 cakes in December :)

Will soon be starting my baking spree for Chinese New Year.

Phoebe's 1st birthday cake with some of her favorite toys moulded in sugar.

Phoebe's 1st birthday cake with some of her favorite toys moulded in sugar.

Dicky & Stella's Wedding Cupcakes

Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache for church birthday celebration.
Closer look at the decoration. Did a simple one as I ran out of time on a Sunday morning.


Baking fruit cake in preparation of Chinese New Year. Did it in December, mature it for 2 months, in time for February.

4 slaps for fruit cakes to be tugged away maturing.


Did this for my cousin's optical shop -- 99 Optics, opening ceremony.


First time icing a full cake. The real tests come when icing a full cake. It is so much skills needed compared to icing a cup cake. I had so many flaws. I need to enhance my skills.

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! You are amazing and the cakes looks very impressive and tempting. If only I have half of your talent :-). Are you planning to sell any cakes for Chinese New Year ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your compliments.

    Don't plan to sell but if there are any orders then can consider. I do sell some CNY cookies to my colleagues only. Will be on leave next week to bake :)

    ReplyDelete